Registration for 2022/2023 Discovery Day?
Register via 2022/2023 Preschool Application
If your child just can’t get enough preschool fun, and loves to learn, explore, and experience all Preschool has to offer, Discovery Day Fridays is the program for them!
Discovery Day Fridays are thematic based units designed to reinforce your child’s love of learning. We encourage Discovery Day participants to wonder, explore, problem-solve, and most of all, have fun. The thematic activities will focus on literacy, art, religion, music, math and science. Each week teachers will provide an outline of each class including concepts, vocabulary, and discussion questions so there can be carryover from school to home. A sample of this themed learning is provided below.
Sample Unit: Jan Brett
Week 1: “The Mitten” – by Jan Brett – Mitten art, Same/different mitten matching, Snow sensory play, Giant mitten dramatic play- how many children can fit?
Week 2: “The Hat“- by Jan Brett – Hat day, Missing hat dramatic play, Hedgehog art, Freeze/Melt ice sensory play
Week 3: “The Umbrella” – by Jan Brett – Umbrella rain forest walk, Sink / float sensory play, Animal umbrella toss, Parachute music, “What if Noah had an umbrella” activity
Week 4: “The Turnip“– by Jan Brett – Taste a turnip, Planting / soil sensory play, Farmers market dramatic play, “the colors in my garden”, Turnip Art
Discovery Day Details:
- Program is provided on scheduled Fridays, 9:30 – 12:30, Early-Oct – Mid- May for children age 3-5 years old.
- If seats still remain in January, two-year-olds may apply.
- Program Cost is $675.00
- The first month’s program fee is non-refundable. Future payments are refundable with 30-day notice of withdrawal. Refunds are not provided due to illness or unexpected absence.
- Stewardship discount rates are not available for this program.
- Drop-in participate is not accommodated for this program
We are excited to learn and grow with your children. Use Registration link to reserve your seat.